Saturday, April 16, 2011

We All Bleed Red.

Hey guys, I was trying to figure out what my final posting should be about.. And then this new song came on my pandora. It is called "We All Bleed Red" by Robbie Dunn. I have heard this song before, but never made the connection to the true meaning about the song until I just heard it.
The first line of the song is "Let's say we're sorry, before it's too late." In whatever context you take it as, he could be singing about a relationship, religion, or war. I have made the connection to the idea of war and fighting. In general, it is an awakening song about how we are all the same, aside from the stereotypical features. "We all bleed red."
I have always felt a soft spot in community service work and civic engagement efforts, because I always think of how alike our race really is. The only things that differ are our looks, and our beliefs. As some of you may or may not already know, I have started a commitment to the Peace Corps and will continue my studies in Intercultural Relations for my masters. I will be required to study for about 2 years at the University of the Pacific in California, and after that, I will be sent to a host country (hopefully Africa) to live for 27 months and finish up my studies, while actually studying the culture. My main motivation for this dramatic decision is because regardless of our current economic situation in the world, I still do believe peace is achievable. Maybe not in our lifetime, but it can only be reached with effort in understanding the world as a whole, and not as individuals. Moral of the story... I think this song is appropriate and directly relating to me. =]


No comments:

Post a Comment