Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesdays With Morrie Quotes




After doing my project on "Tuesdays With Morrie," I decided to reread the book again. It is one of the most touching books I have ever read. You learn so much from Morrie. I would have loved to meet him, from reading the book I feel as if I already know him. His life lessons have made me realize how we take life for granted, with money, time with friends, and time with yourself. I found this video on YouTube, these are some of the quotes from the book that Morrie had said. They are very uplifting positive way of thinking. I marked some of the pages to reread if I am having a bad day. You should invest in the book and read it, it may make you realize how important life truly is.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for these quotes! I haven't seen the movie yet but your post has inspired me to go try and rent it! I really like the second quote about making money a god. I think it is so sad because I know so many people that would rather work their butt off every hour of every day because they are so money hungry instead of spend time with their families. In the end, all we have are good memories with family and friends not how memorable the money we made was. In my opinion, we can't take money to heaven but eventually our loved ones will get there. If someone was money hungry on earth, maybe they will finally get to spend some time with their loved ones in heaven instead :) The quote following that quote is also one of my favorites. "Death is the end of a life, not a relationship." Very true because relationships impact the lives of everyone in such a positive way. This class has inspired me to spend even more time with friends and family because you never know when your last moment together will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on me and my fiance's e-mail for this comment^ and so it comes up as his first name but my name is KRISTIN HAMILTON

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quotes are very uplifting and great things to read if someone is haveing a rough day or even going through the process of death, either yourself or with another individual. The story of Morrie is a fasinating one. I never heard of the movie or the book before your presentation. After listening to your group and hearing your thoughts and interpretations on the story I had an interest in reading the book and seeing the movie for myself. It is an incredible story that we should all take away a little something from. We need to cherish the lives we live and the lives of others around us. We all leave something behind when we die, and I think Morrie left behind some of the wisest and truest words I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete