Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Personal Death Experience

A 16-year-old Lehigh boy accidentally shot himself Wednesday and died.
An autopsy will be performed on Jonathan J. Blass of 104 Hamilton Avenue.
Jonathan Blass
Jonathan Blass
The sheriff's office responded to a call at 2:29 on Wednesday. The caller said that his friend had accidentally shot himself. Blass was a student at Lehigh Senior High School. When Sheriff's deputies arrived, they found Blass on the floor of a bedroom in a home in the 4300 block of 11th Street West, off Gunnery Road in Lehigh Acres. He had a revolver in his lap and what appeared to be a bullet hole in his right temple.
EMS determined he died about 2:40 p.m. Homicide detectives and crime scene technicians are investigating the incident, and they questioned two friends who were with Blass at the time of the shooting. One is 17-year-old Lehigh Senior High School student, the other is an 18-year-old student at Richard Milborn Academy. The incident occurred at a residence in the 4300 block of 11th Street West, off Gunnery Road in Lehigh Acres. The body has been turned over to the District 21 Medical Examiner. Blass has been in and out of juvenile justice system in the past two years. He had been arrested on four occasions in Lee County, according to jail records. He had been charged with six different felonies which included charges of robbery and burglary. All of the incidents had been without a weapon, according to jail records. Blass went by the name of J-Money.

... This was my best friend in high school. When he died it was a very traumatic experience for me. I got this article from naplesnews.com. The fact that they mentioned his criminal record never made sense to me because it had nothing to do with the circumstances that led to his death. I think one of the main reasons why it has been so difficult for me throughout all of these years to get over his death is the fact that regardless of the bad decisions he made for himself, he always tried his best to make sure that I made the best decisions for myself. He got me through one of the toughest times in my life and its sad to think that he will never be able to meet my daughter.
-Kimmy

2 comments:

  1. It's always a sad thing to see someone close to us leave and go into another world. it's always a hurtful thing to hear and read that the person that has helped you through such hard times in your life had hard times of his own that just seemed like it ate him up inside to the point that it lead to suicide. i can imagine how hard and tough it must've been to let go and come in terms of his death and move on. NO matter what happens though it does not mean that he is not in your heart and looking down and you and wishing you the best life can offer. I am sure that he wishes he could be here to see you and Naomi just like you wish he could do that too. Just because he is not here physically to do that, does not mean he is not with you in spirit, soul, and energy. Make sure to tell him you love him, you miss him, that you forgive him and yourself and that you will be ok =]
    loveee youuu kimmyyyy <3

    JOn JOn R.I.P *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all of the posts on this page, yours impacted me the most. I am sorry about your friend, he seemed like a good guy. When I read the article I was shocked that they included information on his criminal record. I thought it was very unnecessary and disrespectful to those mourning in his memory. I also lost a loved one with a criminal record and that information was slightly posted in their death report as well. Reporters need to show some respect to the friends and family, in my opinion. Whatever you do, keep your chin up, you'll see him again one day :)

    ReplyDelete