Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hachi - A Tale of Loyalty

We mentioned this film in class discussion, Hachi A Dog's Story. It is the true story of one dog's loyalty and love for his master. I watched this movie over winter break and it brought me to tears throughout. It truly depicts companionship and love in its purest form. Death is more about the people we leave behind and Hachi's never yielding devotion to his deceased master is an example of a deep bond that cannot be broken even by death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6U7mAnPtw4

2 comments:

  1. This story is truly heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. It shows that animals truly have deep emotions. Many people do not believe this but time and time again there are stories like this that prove that they do. Although the story is really sad it really is so awesome that the dog felt so much devotion to his master. I know my dog is very bonded with all of us and a lose would really hurt him too. I will be really sad when my dog dies too. To me it is just as important as a human death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this movie as well and it also bought me to tears. All through high school I had the opportunity to work at a local animal hospital. One of the hardest things my job entailed is putting someone’s animal to sleep. In my hometown it is a lot of old people so when they lose a pet it is like losing a child to them. I know that I am very close with my two dogs and losing either one them it is going to be hard on me.

    ReplyDelete