Monday, March 14, 2011

Touched by an Angel

Not many people are lucky enough to be touched by an angel, but I got to spend 3 short years with an amazing friend, sister, and angel. This angel was my first friend in my organzation. She taught me how to break out of my shell and make friends. She always tried her hardest to include me in everything that she did from events to just movie nights with the girls. She made me fall in love with my organization.

Although, we grew apart for a while, when I saw her at events or just walking through the hall we would stop and catch up. This would always make us late to class. She was there for me when I was going through hard times. She held my hand when we went out, she could tell just by looking at me that I was going to cry. I never thanked her for being there for me, for being strong for me. Now it is my turn to be strong for her.

The hardest thing to hear is that someone has past away, but when the person is still so young and has everything going for them makes everything harder. Days before she passed I spent a lot of time with her, enjoying time with the girls. From seeing her the last few days, I knew she was happy with her life, she even said that she had everything that she could ever want.

I didn't know if I could write about this amazing person and as I write this I still find it hard to get all my thoughts out. I look at Facebook and see pictures of her and people writing on her wall and I feel like she is still here. It is so unreal to me that this angel was taken from us so early. I still feel like I will see her at events, meetings , or at girls's houses. All I know is that she made me want to be a better person. I can truly say I was touched by an angel.

3 comments:

  1. That angel, was my first Rho Gamma friend. I sat beside her at the first and last meetings. When I needed to someone to talk to about daily stress, I turned to her. I looked up to her, like most have said, even though I am years older than her. She had a really great outlook on life, and really loved her organization! She is an inspiration to so many people!

    I went on a cruise for spring break. I was walking down the hall, and had to quadruple- take a girl that had stopped ahead of me with her friends. This girl looked so much like her it was unreal! So unreal that I started to call out her name. So strange. I know. It still doesn't seem real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This angel was also a friend of mine. I constantly talk about her with my room mate, saying "it still hast't hit us." I still feel like she is just on vacation and I will still be able to see her. Two days ago I had a dream about her.. this is my second dream with her in it. Both times I made her promise that she was okay, and she assured me that was fine. The hardest part for me with dealing with her passing is that I constantly think about her family. I am extremely close with my family and saw how bad they were hurting when I was battling cancer. I still pray for her family and friends every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were all touched by an angel Sammee! she was an amazing girl! I was driving down the I75 the other day and I took my eyes off the road for one minute to the center median and I saw nothing but green grass and soft pink flowers. I knew that Carisa was with me! Seeing the flowers assured me that her presence will never be gone! She is always with us, her presence is in the wind! And she will always be in our hearts! Sisterhood is forever! <3 CLH

    ReplyDelete